Suspected Burlington Prowler Nabbed By Halton Police
A Burlington man is facing numerous charges in connection with a rash of break and enters - and theft of basketball shoes - in the city.
The suspect was arrested on Dec. 13 shortly after 9:30 a.m., say Halton police.
Officers executed a search warrant at a Lakeshore Rd. apartment in Burlington, where several stolen items were allegedly recovered, including footwear and a Norco women’s bike, which have been returned to their owners.
Investigators also seized more items believed to be stolen and are looking for the owners of the following items:
- “Luxanne” purse with a shoulder strap.
- Car headrest DVD monitor and numerous DVD movies.
- iPad in a black case with a keyboard.
- Additional footwear.
- Nike Air high top shoes (size 10.5).
- Nike shoes (size 10).
- Patrick Ewing high top shoes (size 10).
The alleged incidents took place from Dec. 3 between 6:30 p.m. to Dec. 4 at 6 a.m.
At least six garages were broken into by a lone male who’d been stealing bikes and other miscellaneous items from garages and vehicles, investigators allege, plus trying the front doors of two homes in the 5000 block of Lakeshore Rd. in the city’s southeast end.
Police released video surveillance footage in the hopes of identifying the suspect.
Jake Urech, 22, of Burlington, is charged with five counts of break and enter, two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, and theft under $5,000.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Ellie Bale of the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2312.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- What's Open and Closed Thanksgiving Monday in Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
- Beef and veal products recalled due to E. coli
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Burlington on Thanksgiving
- Burlington Liberal Calls Out Conservatives for "Jewish Targeting" Literature
- Top 5 Date Night Restaurants in Burlington
- Do These Items Seized by Police in Burlington Belong to You?
- VIDEO: Suspected Prowler Targeting Specific Street in Burlington
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Suspect Charged in Oakville and Burlington Break-Ins
- Suspect Arrested Following Residential Break and Enters in Milton and Burlington