Suspects Charged After Ramming Halton Police Cruiser
Two men are facing charges in a stolen property investigation in which a man allegedly tried to pin a Halton police officer between a pickup and transport truck in Milton.
The incident took place on July 9 before 5 a.m.
That's when officers were sent to a report of a suspicious vehicle and three suspicious males in the yard of a trucking company compound on Alliance Dr.
When the officer approached the vehicle, one of the suspects tried to pin the officer between the suspect vehicle -a black Dodge Ram- and a transport truck, police allege, before fleeing the scene.
The officer was uninjured but a security guard who was there suffered minor injuries while trying to dodge the fleeing vehicle.
Two other suspects fled on foot and were handcuffed soon after.
The suspect vehicle -reported stolen in Peel Region- was later spotted travelling eastbound on Hwy. 401.
Due to the dangerous operation of the vehicle, a pursuit was terminated and Peel Regional Police and Ontario Provincial Police were notified.
Peel police located the stolen vehicle the same day near Glidden Rd. and West Dr. in Brampton.
"Investigation into the vehicle revealed that it was involved in a pursuit and ramming of a police vehicle with Halton Police on July 9, 2018," reads a news release issued on July 11.
Police say the vehicle was stopped at 153 Van Kirk Dr. in Brampton.
"During the vehicle stop the involved driver rammed tactical trucks causing extensive damage to several vehicles," reads the release.
No injuries were reported.
Two suspects were arrested.
Mandeep Pannu, 33, of no fixed address was arrested on July 10. The suspect was charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime, and two counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of opioids.
Harpreet Singh, 38, of Brampton was arrested on July 10. The suspect was possession of property obtained by crime, flight from police, two counts of operation while disqualified, and breach of probation.
Both men were held for bail.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 21 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 2133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Halton Pet Adoption: "Jumping" Joey
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Arrests made after masked men rob Burlington LCBO
- Doug Ford discusses help for businesses and urges residents not to go to cottages during COVID-19 outbreak
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Police Hunt Suspect After Break-In, High-Speed Chase in Milton
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Three Suspects Arrested in Burlington in Relation to Stolen Property
- UPDATE: Suspects Arrested Following Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Three arrested after robbery suspects ram cruiser: Halton Police