Suspects Charged in $150K Milton Theft
A pair of suspects are facing a slew of charges after more than $150,000 worth of stolen property was found in Milton.
The arrests were made on Jan. 18 following a “lengthy and involved investigation” in which several suspects were identified, say Halton police.
Items - including trucks, numerous trailers, snowmobiles, motorbikes and lots of construction tools - were allegedly found on a rural property at 10275 Guelph Line in Milton on Nov. 6, 2017.
That’s when a Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) officer was conducting checks for unlawful hunting near Fourth Nassegaweya Line and No. 10 Sideroad.
The officer found two utility trailers - in an isolated area on the large parcel of land - which were stolen from Georgetown and Peel Region, say police.
In addition, the MNR officer spotted other trailers and vehicles on the property and contacted Halton police, who searched two properties the next day.
The case led investigators to a storage unit in Brampton on Advance Blvd.
A search warrant was executed and more stolen property was recovered, police allege.
The suspects were located and arrested in Brampton.
Brandan Ginn, 23, of Brampton is facing numerous charges including: break and enter with intent; break and enter and commit an indictable offence; theft under $5,000; possession of stolen property over $5,000; and possession of stolen property under $5,000.
Ginn was held for a bail hearing.
Tyler Burden, 26, of Brampton, is also facing numerous counts including: break and enter with intent; break and enter and commit an indictable offence; possession of stolen property over $5,000; and possession of stolen property under $5,000.
Burden was released on a promise to appear and an undertaking.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det. Derek Moyes of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau-property crime team at 905-825-4747 ext.2114. Tips can be forwarded to Crime Stoppers; “See Something, Hear Something, Know Something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.crimestoppers.ca or by texting “tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- This Poop-Themed Restaurant is Coming to Oakville
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton
- Police Searching for Teen Last Seen in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Possible Impaired Driver Stopped in Gunpoint Takedown in Burlington
- Suspects Attempt Break and Enter Then Crash Stolen Car in Burlington
- Men Arrested After Stolen Vehicles Found in Oakville
- Halton Police Dog Sniffs Out Stolen Car Suspects
- Two Suspects Charged Following Milton Break and Enters
- Police Executing Search Warrant in Milton Regarding Stolen Property Investigation