Suspects Charged in Oakville, Burlington Break-In Spree
Four suspects are facing 48 combined charges in a series of break and enters in Oakville, Burlington, and across the GTA.
There were 13 Oakville home break-ins from Dec. 19, 2017, to Jan. 8.
In each case the suspects knocked on the front door to see if anyone was home.
If it was empty, they forced their way in, ransacking bedrooms in search of money or jewellery, Halton police allege.
Three suspects were handcuffed on March 2 in the joint investigation with York Regional Police.
Police allege the suspects “failed to escape arrest by colliding with another vehicle and fleeing the scene on foot.”
The fourth suspect was arrested on March 8.
Search warrants at their homes resulted in the recovery of “large amounts of jewellery” and evidence linking the suspects to the Halton break-ins, investigators allege.
“Benchmark excellence in cross-jurisdictional collaboration” resulted in the arrests of the people responsible “for these intrusive offences,” said Deputy Chief Nish Duraiappah.
Rai Teixeira, 22, of Brampton, is charged with 13 counts of break and enter.
Lincoln Samuels, 22, of Tottenham, is charged with six counts of break and enter, and four counts of failing to comply with probation.
Cesar Montesdeoca, 22, of Brampton, is charged with 10 counts of break and enter, two counts of failing to comply with probation, and possession of property obtained by crime.
Vincent Vassel, 23, of Brampton, is charged with seven counts of break and enter, and six counts of failing to comply with probation.
Anyone who may have additional information about this investigation can contact Halton police Det. Ron Strauch at 905-825-4747 ext. 2255. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 401 completely closed in both directions due to collision in Milton
- Update: Teen charged after alleged stabbing of 79-year-old woman in Oakville
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic
- Province investing millions in broadband and cellular service for Ontarians
- Two Suspects Arrested Following Break and Enter Sprees in Oakville
- Police Bust Crime Group Suspected of Numerous Break and Enters in Halton
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Another Suspect Charged Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Three Suspects Charged Following a Series of Break and Enters Across the GTA