Suspects Nabbed in Oakville Break and Enter
Two men are facing charges after allegedly breaking into a home in Oakville and being greeted by someone living there.
The suspects forced their way into a house in the Palermo area near Grand Oak Trail and Pine Glen Rd. on July 5.
To their surprise, a resident was home.
The accused thieves “immediately fled the residence,” say Halton police.
The resident - who wasn’t harmed - got a decent look at them and he gave police enough details to quickly identify one of the suspects.
Both men were located and arrested the same day in Brampton.
Rai Teixeira, 21, of Brampton, and Byron Lowe, 20, of no fixed address, are charged with break and enter.
Both men were scheduled to appear in Milton court on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the Oakville criminal investigations bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2216 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Truck Carrying a Number of Bicycles Stopped in Burlington
- An Ice Cream-Themed Installation is Coming to Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Suspect Sought After More Than $2K Worth of Music Equipment Stolen in Burlington
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Police Searching for Missing 71-Year-Old Man Last Seen in Burlington