SUV Stolen, Seven Cars Broken Into in Burlington
Lock your car doors, Burlington residents.
Eight vehicles were broken into overnight this week - it’s only Tuesday - and Halton police are advising residents to remove valuables.
Overnight on April 2 to April 3, police received seven reports of unlocked vehicles being entered and rummaged through by unknown suspects.
In once instance, spare keys were found in a vehicle, which was then stolen.
The vehicle, a grey 2008 Ford Escape with licence plate BMWW586.
The plates may have been switched to BFWR535, which were also stolen overnight from a Finch Ave. driveway in the Aldershot area, say investigators.
If anyone sees this vehicle, they’re asked to call 911 and not approach it.
The streets targeted are:
Police are reminding residents that “these types of crimes continue to occur and are preventable.”
In addition, they’re “pleading with the public to ensure their vehicles are always locked when unattended, that all valuables are removed and to never leave spare keys in a vehicle,” even if they’re for another vehicle at or near the same location.
Anyone with information that would assist police in identifying the person(s) responsible to these or any other crimes are asked to call the Burlington criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Here are some tips on how to keep your car safe in Halton.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Police Investigating a Rash of Overnight Theft from Cars in Burlington
- Thefts From Vehicles Skyrocket in Burlington
- Thieves are Targeting Specific Streets in Burlington
- Suspect Charged Following Series of Vehicle Entries in Oakville
- Police Investigating Numerous Vehicle Thefts in Oakville and Burlington