Tactical Rescue Unit called to Burlington residence
Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) charged a 23-year-old Burlington man with “assault with a weapon” after they were called Thursday (Jan 23) to a residence on Crosby Ave at around 12:45 p.m.
On arrival, officers say they found a male victim with serious but “non-life-threatening” injuries. This victim was taken to hospital for treatment.
The victim then reportedly advised police of an altercation with the accused who was known to the victim.
“Based on information that there may be a firearm in the home, the Tactical Rescue Unit attended the residence and assisted in the arrest of the accused,” according to HRPS. “Injuries to the victim were not the result of a gunshot wound.”
“To protect the identity of the victim, police will not be identifying the accused in this matter. A 23-year-old male from Burlington has been charged with assault with a weapon.”
The accused was held for bail and appeared in Milton Court on the following day.
“The Halton Regional Police Service would like to advise residents that when the Tactical Rescue Unit is deployed with the Armoured Rescue Vehicle (ARV) it is not necessarily indicative of a greater danger to public safety,” added HRPS. “Often the ARV provides police with the safest way to respond to situations with respect to community, officer and suspect safety.”
Police said their investigation determined this to be an isolated incident between two parties known to one another and at no time was there a related broader threat to public safety.
- Ontario says more heath providers can reopen including dentists, optometrists
- Rainfall advisory issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Conservation Halton implementing reservation system for public parks
- Major Burlington road construction will impact bus service
- Domestic assault incident with children present leads to arrest: Halton police
- Man Charged with Sexually Assaulting Victim in Milton
- Milton man arrested after victim assaulted while grocery shopping
- UPDATE: Two Arrested After Milton Shooting Leaves Victim with Life-Altering Injuries
- Police Searching For Suspect After 13-Year-Old Male Was Sexually Assaulted in Burlington