Take Notice of These Road Closures in Burlington
Drivers will want to take note of the following closures taking place in Burlington on Sunday.
A number of road and lane closures are happening due to the CIBC Run for the Cure on Oct. 1.
The following road closures will be in effect from 10:15 a.m. until noon:
- Seneca Ave. from Lakeshore Rd. to New St.
- Pine Cove Rd. from Lakeshore Rd. to New St.
- New St. from Drury Lane to Pine Cove Rd.
- Guelph Line at Lakeshore Rd. and at New St.
The westbound and centre lane will be closed on Lakeshore Rd. from Seneca Ave. to Pine Cove Rd.
The eastbound lane will be open for traffic, but there will be no left turns along the event route.
Access to and from roads intersecting the event route will be unavailable.
The CIBC Run for the Cure is a 5K or 1K walk or run that raises funds for the Canadian Cancer Society.
It’s the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada in support of the breast cancer cause.
Approximately 103,814 people took part in the 2016 run.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Pair lauded for efforts to thwart 'porch pirates'
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Three suspects flee bank robbery in Georgetown
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington