Teen Charged Following Graffiti-Related Incidents in Oakville
Halton police say a 17-year-old Oakville male was arrested following an investigation into a series of "graffiti-related incidents" that took place across town during the month of July.
Police say that on July 25, the accused was charged with five counts of mischief under $5,000.
He was released on a promise to appear.
During the month of July, police say officers investigated reports of blue and red spray paint on buildings and signs at a number of locations in Oakville.
Police say the graffiti included offensive language and images.
Some of the locations/areas in Oakville that were vandalized include:
- 3307 Lakeshore Road West
- 3057 Seneca Drive
- 2363 North Service Road (Deerfield Golf Club)
- Seneca Drive and West Street
- 2405 Rebecca Street (St. Dominic Elementary School)
Investigators says they believe there are more locations in Oakville that have been allegedly vandalized with graffiti by the accused.
Anyone with information regarding this incident, or other incidents that may be related, is asked to contact the Criminal Investigations Bureau, Detective Constable Peter Galopoulos at 905-825-4747 ext. 2274.
- UPDATE: Police Explosives Disposal Unit on Scene in Oakville
- Popular Clothing Store Gets its First North American Outlet in Halton Hills
- Some Facebook Users are Experiencing Major Difficulties
- Toronto Premium Outlets’ First Full-Service Restaurant Has Arrived
- Collision on the QEW in Oakville Causing Delays