Teen Charged Following Graffiti-Related Incidents in Oakville
Halton police say a 17-year-old Oakville male was arrested following an investigation into a series of “graffiti-related incidents” that took place across town during the month of July.
Police say that on July 25, the accused was charged with five counts of mischief under $5,000.
He was released on a promise to appear.
During the month of July, police say officers investigated reports of blue and red spray paint on buildings and signs at a number of locations in Oakville.
Police say the graffiti included offensive language and images.
Some of the locations/areas in Oakville that were vandalized include:
- 3307 Lakeshore Road West
- 3057 Seneca Drive
- 2363 North Service Road (Deerfield Golf Club)
- Seneca Drive and West Street
- 2405 Rebecca Street (St. Dominic Elementary School)
Investigators says they believe there are more locations in Oakville that have been allegedly vandalized with graffiti by the accused.
Anyone with information regarding this incident, or other incidents that may be related, is asked to contact the Criminal Investigations Bureau, Detective Constable Peter Galopoulos at 905-825-4747 ext. 2274.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- This Major Road Closure Has Been Extended in Milton
- Here's How the Province Will be Helping People with Dementia in Halton
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- UPDATED: Halton Police Investigating Anti-LGBTQ Graffiti
- Milton School Damaged, Vandalized
- Contractor Charged Following Multiple Break and Enter Incidents in Oakville
- PHOTOS: Police Investigating Multiple Instances of Graffiti in Halton Hills
- Suspect Arrested Following Numerous Theft and Robbery Related Offences in Halton