Teen Charged For Driving at Outrageous Speed on QEW in Oakville
A teen is facing a stunt driving charge after a car was clocked at a ridiculous speed along the QEW in Oakville early Friday.
The traffic stop took place on March 23 at 12:58 a.m., say Burlington OPP.
That’s when the teen was allegedly clocked at 174 km/hr.
A stunt driving charge was laid, Sgt. Kerry Schmidt confirmed.
The vehicle was impounded for seven days and the teen also received an automatic seven-day licence suspension.
A similar incident along the QEW in Oakville on March 19 had another teen charged with stunting.
Such high speeds are “unacceptable,” said Schmidt.
The driver’s name hasn’t been released.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- A New Restaurant and Bar is Now Open in Milton
- Suspect Sought After More Than $700 Worth of Clothing Stolen From Mapleview Centre in Burlington