Teen Charged For Driving at Outrageous Speed on QEW in Oakville
A teen is facing a stunt driving charge after a car was clocked at a ridiculous speed along the QEW in Oakville early Friday.
The traffic stop took place on March 23 at 12:58 a.m., say Burlington OPP.
That’s when the teen was allegedly clocked at 174 km/hr.
A stunt driving charge was laid, Sgt. Kerry Schmidt confirmed.
The vehicle was impounded for seven days and the teen also received an automatic seven-day licence suspension.
A similar incident along the QEW in Oakville on March 19 had another teen charged with stunting.
Such high speeds are “unacceptable," said Schmidt.
The driver's name hasn't been released.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Halton This Weekend
- Halton Paramedics Respond to Multi-Vehicle Collision in Oakville
- Major Road Closed Following Crash in Oakville
- These Are Some of the Strangest Objects Found on the GO Train
- Police Searching for Suspects Following Real Canadian Superstore Incident in Oakville