Teen Charged in Fatal Georgetown Crash
An 18-year-old Mississauga teen is facing charges in connection with a fatal Georgetown crash.
The incident took place on Dec. 9, 2017, shortly after 1 a.m.
That’s when a single motor vehicle collision - involving a 2013 Toyota sports coupe - occurred on Maple St. near Main St.
“Despite all occupants wearing their seatbelts, the devastation of the collision caused the death” of Danial Waseem, 18, of Mississauga, say Halton police.
There were three people in the car, say police.
Waseem was a backseat passenger in a vehicle driven by the accused.
Mark Abd El Malek is charged with dangerous driving causing death.
He’s scheduled to appear in Milton court on Feb. 5.
"This incident is a tragic reminder that aggressive driving places all road users at risk,” said Det. Ryan Snow of the collision reconstruction unit.
“Aggressive driving is considered a crime in progress and witnesses should call 911 immediately.”
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park in Milton
- Police seeking witnesses in attempted theft in Milton
- Opinion: Ford government exposes animals to more abuse
- Police searching for missing Burlington man with medical conditions
- Karahi Point, Pioneer of Traditional Karahi in Canada, Opens New Restaurant