Teen Missing in Milton
A Milton teen is missing and his family says it’s “highly unusual.”
Nofal Naveed, 16, left home around 11 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 7.
He was last seen on foot in the Derry Rd. and Fourth Line area.
He told his family he was going for his usual evening stroll around the neighbourhood.
Naveed left his cell phone and wallet at home.
His walks usually run 30 to 45 minutes, say police, and he didn’t return.
Naveed’s family says there are no medical or family issues that could explain his sudden disappearance.
He was in good spirits when he left, his family told police.
Naveed is brown, standing 5-foot-9, weighing 145 pounds, with black hair.
He has with facial hair on his bottom lip and chin.
He was wearing a grey hoodie with black stripes, blue tank top, black sweatpants and white running shoes.
Anyone with information on Nosal’s whereabouts is asked to contact police immediately.
UPDATE: Naveed has been safely located as of 9 a.m., say police.
Editor’s Note: Halton police initially released the teen’s name as Nosal Maveed. The correct spelling of his name is Nofal Naveed.
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Province issues another emergency alert in response to COVID-19
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis