Teenage Suspect Identified in Burlington Stabbing
Halton Regional Police have revealed some details on a stabbing that happened in Burlington this morning.
Police say that on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, at approximately 11:25 a.m., they responded to a residence in the area of Cortland Drive and Waterloo Street after report of a stabbing.
When police arrived, they say a male has sustained serious injuries from stab wounds.
The victim was rushed to Hamilton General.
“Investigation revealed the stabbing occurred as a result of a verbal and physical altercation within the residence,” say police.
Further, police say that all of those involved have been identified know one another.
Hayden Scott Ermel, 19, of no fixed address has been identified as a suspect in this case. Ermel was held for bail for alleged aggravated assault, robbery, having dangerous weapons, breaking and entering, and two counts of breach of probation.
Anyone with information should contect Detective Phil VandenBeukel at (905) 825-4747 ext. 2343. Anyone can also submit tibs to Ceimr Stoppers at 1(800) 222-8477 or online.
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- Motorcyclist Pronounced Dead After Serious Crash in Burlington
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants