Tens of Thousands Flock to Milton for Holiday Street Market
If you missed the debut of the largest Christmas extravaganza in the west Greater Toronto Area, not to worry — you have two more chances to experience it.
Downtown Milton’s first pop-up Holiday Street Market took place over the weekend, drawing tens of thousands of people and delighting young children, teens, adults, and kids at heart.
“The first Saturday of the Holiday Street Market in Downtown Milton was a huge success. The event far exceeded anyones expectations, attracting over 100,000 visitors from across Ontario with people coming from as far as Niagara Falls and Ottawa,” says Philip Suos, managing director, Holiday Street Market. “We’re thrilled to see the stores and restaurants packed with people, all in support of Downtown Milton. Even more vendors, attractions and activities are planned for the next two Saturdays.”
Admission is free and tens of thousands of people are going to shop, eat and play at Ontario’s largest outdoor holiday market, presented by inhalton.com.
The market is taking place on Main St. E. between Brown St. and Commercial St.
The Holiday Street Market in Downtown Milton features more than 200 vendors over the course of three Saturdays: Dec. 2, Dec. 9, and Dec. 16 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
It encompasses everything you love: food, drink, poutine (it’s a category all by itself!), shopping, charitable contributions, and so much more.
Here’s what it features:
* Artisans and vendors selling a wide range of one-of-a-kind gifts for everyone on your list.
* Attractions for the whole family including an inflatable snow globe, photos with Santa Claus, popular characters, a maple syrup sugar shack and marshmallow roasting.
* A wide selection of great food, and a Poutine Festival that has chefs adding their twist to Canada’s iconic comfort dish and competing for the top prize.
* A series of how-to workshops and demonstrations including holiday decoration making, wine and food pairings, photography and more.
* A Christmas tree decorating contest.
* Musicians throughout the street playing your holiday favourites.
* Craft beer and wine tastings.
* A charity food drive that will fill cars at the event.
* A scavenger hunt race to win $1,000 and more.
Every Saturday, visitors will have the chance to win $1,000 by participating in the Holiday Street Market Race. Teams will race against each other in a timed scavenger hunt and will complete a series of challenges. Registration is $20 per team per Saturday (limit of 4 players per team, kids 12 and under are free) and a portion of the proceeds will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton.
Mattamy Homes has teamed up with the Holiday Street Market to host a Christmas Tree Decorating Contest at the market.
Every Saturday, local businesses have the opportunity to decorate a tree and compete to win $1,000 for the charity of their choice.
The Holiday Street Market offers free shuttle services during the event.
Visit holidaystreetmarket.com for more information about vendors, prizes, activities, and more.
See you in downtown Milton!