Tentative deal reached between EWAO and Province
The Education Workers Alliance of Ontario (EWAO) has reached a tentative collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the provincial government.
The details of the new CBA will be made public after it becomes ratified.
"Our Government has delivered another tentative agreement with education workers that keeps students in class. This is yet another example of our Government demonstrating a reasonableness and focus on our students at the bargaining table," Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education, said in a news release.
However, this new CBA will not impact the one-day strike planned for tomorrow, which is organized by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation.
Peel, Halton, and Hamilton will not be affected by this latest strike, which will only impact the following school boards:
- Toronto District School Board
- Simcoe County District School Board
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board
- Grand Erie District School Board
- Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Near North District School Board
- Rainy River District School Board
- Trillium Lakelands District School Board
"We will continue to negotiate in good faith with a sincere hope that the other education unions will match our reasonable offerings and make students the centre of our focus," added Lecce.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Two separate collisions lead to significant charges in Burlington
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- New regulations for importing fruits and vegetables are now in effect
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- More Teachers are Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board Soon
- Halton District School Board Cancelling Programs And Rentals Due To Strike
- Halton District School Board Trustees Reject Proposed Education Changes
- Halton District School Board Encouraging Students to Walk to School Come September
- A Big Change is Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board