These are the Most Frequently Stolen Vehicles in Ontario
There are lists for everything nowadays including the most popular baby names, the most popular cities to live in, and surely there's a list for the most watched Christmas movies somewhere.
You get the point.
However, this is one list you definitely don't want to be part of.
The most frequently stolen vehicles list.
Recently, the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) released a list of the most frequently stolen vehicles in the country. This annual list was compiled using data provided by IBC members across Canada.
According to a recent press release, nationally, Ford F350 trucks hold the top five spots.
However, the top 10 stolen vehicles in Ontario are as follows.
- 2004 Chevrolet/GMC Tahoe/Yukon 4DR 4WD
- 2006 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 2500 4WD
- 2003 Chevrolet/GMC Tahoe/Yukon 4DR 4WD
- 2007 Ford F350 SD 4WD
- 2003 Chevrolet/GMC Suburban/Yukon XL 1500 4DR 4WD
- 2002 Chevrolet/GMC Suburban/Yukon XL 1500 4DR 4WD
- 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4WD
- 2005 Chevrolet/GMC Tahoe/Yukon 4DR 4WD
- 2003 Chevrolet/GMC Silverado/Sierra 2500 4WD
- 2002 Chevrolet/GMC Tahoe/Yukon 4DR 4WD
In 2017 alone, vehicle thefts in Ontario increased by about 15 per cent with the most common time for thefts being New Year's Day.
Luckily, there are steps that can be taken in order to prevent vehicle thefts.
John Tod, National Director, Investigative Services, IBC, outlined the following tips, in a recent press release, in order to protect your vehicle from theft.
- Never leave your vehicle running when unattended.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- When parking your car, always close the windows and lock the doors.
- Put valuables and packages in the trunk, where they’re out of sight.
- Keep your car in the garage at night.
- Don’t leave personal information in the glove box.
- Take your insurance and ownership documents with you when you park your vehicle.
For more information, visit the official IBC website.