These are the most in-demand jobs for 2020
According to a recent study, blue-collar jobs are becoming more in-demand.
The study, conducted by Randstad Canada, examined the jobs that are most in-demand in Canada for 2020.
Of the top 10, four of them were blue-collar jobs, including: truck driver, welder, general labourer and heavy-duty mechanic.
Additionally, despite the fact the retail industry has faced challenges from automation and online shopping, sales associates are still in demand.
The rest of the top 10, along with their salaries, are below.
- Sales associate: $38,200 - $50,600 annual salary
- Truck driver: $36,650 - $48,600 annual salary
- Receptionist: $32,300 - $42,600 annual salary
- Welder: $19.60 - $28.50 per hour
- Full-stack developer: $60,600 - $125,200 annual salary
- Business development manager: $93,500 - $164,400 annual salary
- General labourer: $15.20 - $19.30 per hour
- Project manager in engineering: $74,000- $134,000 annual salary
- Heavy-duty mechanic: $25.20 - $35.70 per hour
- Merchandiser (consumer goods): $57,300 - $97,100 annual salary
“This year’s list of in-demand jobs is good news for younger Canadians pursuing the trades and practical courses,” Patrick Poulin, president of Staffing and InHouse for Randstad Canada, said in a news release.
“While a college or university education is necessary for the engineering, marketing and IT roles we see on the list, a degree isn’t the only path to good, steady employment,” he continued.
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Multi-vehicle crash causing highway delays in Oakville
- More Ontario schools to be affected by teachers' strike