These are the Most Well-Paid City Employees in Burlington
More public servants in Ontario - including City of Burlington employees - earned six figures in 2017, marking a seven per cent increase versus a year ago.
Who’s at the very top?
Ontario Power Generation president and CEO Jeffrey Lyash made a whopping $1,554,456 — that’s $1.6 million bucks.
Trillium Health Partners CEO Michelle DiEmanuele raked in $660,450.
Halton Healthcare president and CEO Denise Hardenne earned $472,809, followed by chief of staff Dr. Lorne Martin with $425,400. Dr. Neil Rau was next with $297,607.
The annual Sunshine List was released on March 23 divulging public sector employees who earned at least $100,000.
Mississauga-Halton LHIN CEO Bill MacLeod made $333,184.
Sheridan College president and vice-chancellor Mary Preece made $377,999.
At the municipal level, Burlington’s city manager James Ridge earned $293,713.
City solicitor and director of legal services Nancy Shea Nicol made $189,302.
Executive director of capital works Allan Magi was close behind at $185,506.
Mayor Rick Goldring earned $175,664 from the city.
Deputy Fire Chief Ross Monteith rounds out the top five earners with $162,864.
The city’s IT director Christine Swenor made $161,731.
Halton Region employees took home big money, too.
CAO Jane MacCaskill earned $282,199, followed by associate medical officer of health Dr. Daniela Kempkens at $253,363.
Halton Police Chief Stephen Tanner made $359,314 last year plus $18,944 in benefits.
Deputy Chiefs were also near the top: Carol Crowe made $205,684 while Nish Duraiappah earned $201,043.
Premier Kathleen Wynne earned $208,974 in 2017, while former Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown made $180,885. NDP leader Andrea Horwath made $158,157.
Broadcast journalist and TVO host Steve Paikin earned $303,087.
Here’s the full 2017 Sunshine List.
- A New Highway is Moving Forward in the GTA
- Driver Facing Charges After Sitting at Green Light in Burlington for Too Long
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Toronto Bound Due To Collision In Oakville
- Lanes Blocked On QEW Due To Collision In Oakville
- Suspect Arrested After Stealing Tip Jar From Tamp Coffee in Burlington
- Here’s How Many Public Sector Employees in Milton Earned More Than $100K in 2018
- Here's How Much Money the Mayors and Public Sector Workers are Making in Halton
- City of Burlington to Recruit a New City Manager
- Halton Hills and Burlington Both Made This Top 10 List
- There's a New Deputy Police Chief in Halton