These Halton Athletes Will Compete In The Canada Winter Games
Team Ontario will have some sizeable Halton representation in this year’s 2019 Canada Winter Games.
Set to commence today (Feb. 15) until March 3, 2019, The 27th Canada Winter Games held in Red Deer and central Alberta will be the largest yet, with over featuring 19 sports, over 150 events, and a major arts and cultural festival.
Four of the five athletes from Burlington will be participating in Hockey, in addition to three outside participants being involved in Figure Skating, Snowboarding, and Squash.
This year’s Canada Winter Games will welcome over 3,600 athletes, managers and coaches, in addition to more than 20,000 visitors, and are a key event in the development of Ontario’s up-and-coming athletes.
Athletes are given the opportunity to compete in a multi-sport atmosphere to prepare them as the next generation of international competitors.
Team Ontario is supported by the Ontario government through its Games Ontario program, which delivers or supports multi-sport events.
More information on athletes and other participants involved in this year’s games can be found here.
Best of luck, Halton!
- How Did Halton Athletes Do at the 2018 Winter Olympics?
- Oakville and Burlington Athletes Set to Compete in 2018 Winter Olympics
- Milton Cyclist Named to Canada's 2018 Gold Coast Team
- Gymnastics Coach Who Taught in Oakville Charged With Sexual Assault
- Here’s How You Can Get Involved With Rogers Hometown Hockey in Burlington