This Airline has Ceased Operations
If you had travel plans with this low-cost Icelandic airline, you'll need to find another option.
WOW Air recently announced on their website it has ceased operations and all flights have been cancelled.
The website advises travellers to check available flights with other airlines.
"Some airlines may offer flights at a reduced rate, so-called rescue fares, in light of the circumstances," reads the WOW Air website. "Information on those airlines will be published, when it becomes available."
Anyone who paid for a ticket with a credit card has been advised to contact their credit card company to see whether a refund will be issued.
A few of WOW Air's destinations included Amsterdam, Berlin, Boston, New York, Montreal, Stockholm, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WOW Air was founded by entrepreneur Skuli Mogensen in 2011. The airline's first flight was to Paris on May 31, 2012.
There is currently no word on the reason for ceasing operations.
We will provide updates as they become available.
For more information about the end of operation of WOW Air, click here.
Photo is courtesy of the WOW Air Facebook page.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Halton
- New blockade suspends GO Train service west of Toronto
- VIDEO: Vehicle fire snarling traffic in Oakville
- GO Train service on Milton, Lakeshore East corridors suspended
- Heavy snow warning issued for Burlington, Milton, Oakville