This Burlington Company is One of the Country’s Most Diverse Employers
A Burlington-based company has recently been recognized as one of the most diverse employers in the country for 2019.
Sodexo Canada Ltd. has made it onto this year's list of the country's most diverse employers.
The company was recognized in the 'Canada's Best Diversity Employers (2019)' competition. This competition, which is now in its 12th year and is run by Canada's Top 100, recognizes employers across the country that have remarkable inclusiveness programs and workplace diversity in general.
Canada's Top 100 website notes that, "This competition recognizes successful diversity initiatives in a variety of areas, including programs for employees from five groups: (a) Women; (b) Members of visible minorities; (c) Persons with disabilities; (d) Indigenous peoples; and (e) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender/Transsexual (LGBT) peoples."
Sodexo Canada Ltd., which has its head office in Burlington, has just over 6,000 full-time employees in the country and close to 4,000 part-time employees. In addition, as noted by Canada's Top 100, the company also maintains over 30 partnerships that create training and professional development programs for Indigenous groups. Sodexo Canada Ltd. also maintains a 'disABILITY strategy that works to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities.
For more information about why Sodexo Canada Ltd. was recognized, click here.
The company was also recognized as one of the country's top employers for young people in. 2019.
Other companies that made it onto the country's most diverse employers list this year include Air Canada, Bell Canada, CIBC, Home Depot of Canada Inc., Loblaw Companies Limited, PepsiCo Canada, and McMaster University.
For the full list of winners, click here.
Photo is courtesy of Canada's Top 100 official website.
- ARMED KIDNAPPING: Police Searching for Male Kidnapped by Three Masked Men
- Four Youths Arrested After Armed Robbery at Burlington Convenience Store
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Shoppers Drug Mart Launches Interesting New Online Program in Halton
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist Dead After Colliding with Truck in Milton
- Burlington Company Makes Important List of Canada's Best Employers
- These Burlington-Based Companies Were Recognized as Top Employers for 2019
- Halton-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- Halton is Home to Some of the Country’s Best Employers
- Halton-Based Companies Among Canada's Top Employers for Young People