This Burlington Park is Undergoing a Massive Renewal Project
A Burlington park is undergoing a massive renewal project this year, and it officially started in June.
According to the city’s website, a number of exciting improvements are coming to Tansley Woods Park. A few of these improvements a new playground with rubber safety surface and accessible seating areas, three pickleball courts, a full court basketball court, and a new LED pathway and parking lot lighting.
This project will be completed in two phases and, as mentioned, the first phased kicked off last month.
The first phase, according to the city’s website, will consist of adding a new playground with a rubber safety surface and accessible shaded seating areas, sports field features including accessible spectator areas with permanent bleachers, accessible players benches, new goals posts, and soccer field backstops, accessible paved paths throughout the park, a new LED pathway and parking lot lighting, a full court basketball court, three pickleball courts, and new park furnishings.
Phase two is expected to commence in September and will consist of the resurfacing the woodlot trail with asphalt.
Both phases are expected to be completed by November of this year, and as noted on the city’s website, most of the park will be closed during construction, and Tansley Woodlot will be closed from September through November.
However, the baseball diamond and parking lot at the park will be open until the end of August.
In addition, there will be no access to or from Tansley Woods Community Centre through the park.
According to the city, Tansley Wood Park is 25-years-old and as a result, some of its amenities needed to be replaced. And in March of this year, Burlington city council approved the capital budget, $1,350,000, for this renewal project.
Graphic is courtesy of the city of Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Justin Trudeau Responds to His Picture in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party
- Here’s the Latest on the Spencer Smith Park Playground Improvements in Burlington
- Burlington Celebrating the Re-Opening of Tansley Woods Indoor Play-Space
- Here’s What’s Happening with Burlington’s Waterfront Park
- Here's the Latest With Burlington's $52M Waterfront Park
- This Burlington Parking Lot Will be Temporarily Closed