This Burlington Resident was Appointed to the Order of Canada
A Burlington resident was recently appointed to the Order of Canada.
Ron Foxcroft, according to the Mayor of Burlington’s website, was appointed to the Order of Canada by Her Excellency, the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada.
This Order is how the country recognizes and commemorates individuals who make extraordinary contributions to the nation.
Foxcroft is being recognized for his contributions as a sports referee, inventor, engaged community leader, and as an entrepreneur.
Foxcroft is a current board member of the Burlington Foundation.
“As Chairman and CEO of Fox 40 International and Fluke Transportation Group, and as the inventor of the Fox 40 whistle used throughout professional sports, Ron’s business leadership and community commitment are legendary,” notes the Mayor’s website.
“Joining Burlington Foundation’s board in 2014, he led the support of thousands of Burlington flood victims as Chair of the Burlington Foundation Flood Disaster Relief Committee. Since that critical time of need, Ron has continued his active foundation involvement to help make impactful change happen in the community.”
According to a press release, the Order of Canada was created in 1967 and is one of the country’s highest honours. Around 7,000 people have been invested into the Order.
Photo is courtesy of the Burlington Foundation.
- All Lanes Closed On Highway 401 In Halton Due To Collision
- Here Is Why The Weather May Ruin Your Long Weekend Plans
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: May 12 – 18
- Police Looking for Woman Last Seen in Oakville
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil Oakville Home With Spacious Master Bedroom
- Burlington Mayor Issues Statement Following Tim Hortons Co-Founder's Death
- Would You Order Booze to Your House From This App?
- Here's How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Here's How You Can Make Your Community Better in Burlington
- Commuters Will Be Able to Order Groceries Online and Pick Up at GO Stations