This Huge Golf Event is Coming to Milton
Calling all golfers and golf fans in Milton - a huge American golf event is coming to Milton and it's kind of a big deal.
Let us explain what it is and why you should get excited.
The U.S. Open is coming to Milton. This June (June 3 to be exact) RattleSnake Point Golf Club will be the first Canadian golf club to host a U.S. Open sectional qualifier prior to the RBC Canadian Open.
Sectional qualifying, according to the official U.S. Open website, is conducted over 36 holes.
Sectional qualifying for the Open Championship is taking place between May 20 and June 3, according to the U.S. Open website. The website also notes that the qualifiers will be held at nine U.S. sites and three international sites - with Canada being one of them.
The 2019 U.S. Open Championship will be hosted by Pebble Beach Golf Links in California as is taking place between June 10 and June 16.
According to the official Twitter page for the town, Milton is looking forward to welcoming all participants and visitors.
Photo is courtesy of the Town of Milton's Twitter page.
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 100 cases confirmed in Halton
- Internet providers explain why they’ve hiked prices amid an economic downturn
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19
- Halton police ramp up COVID-19 compliance enforcement with new powers
- Milton Eyes the Canadian Open for RattleSnake Point
- Oakville Teen Wins Championship at Augusta National Golf Club
- Suspect Facing Charges After Driving Vehicle Onto a Milton Golf Course
- Changes are Coming to Burlington’s Tyandaga Golf Course
- Top 5 Mini-Golf Courses to Try Outside of Halton This Summer