This is How Halton Hills Could Win Over $100K
The Town of Halton Hills may be smaller than others (according to Statistics Canada, as of 2016 Halton Hills was home to 61, 161 people) but it is mighty and tough.
And now, the town has a chance to win over $100K while promoting physical activity by participating in the Community Better Challenge.
According to the town’s Twitter page, the goal of this challenge is to muster communities to move more and sit less.
By participating in the challenge, Halton Hills could win $150,000 which would go towards physical activity initiatives.
The challenge will commence on May 31, 2019, and conclude on June 16, 2019. In order to participate in the challenge, and help Halton Hills win, residents are encouraged to download the ParticipAction app. After the app is downloaded, residents will be able to track their active minutes which will automatically go towards the community’s score.
Minutes can also be tracked be signing up at www.participACTION.com.
As noted by the ParticipAction website, active minutes will be assigned to communities based on postal codes.
In this challenge, communities are able to win either the national prize ($150,000) or the regional prize ($20,000).
For more information about this challenge, visit the ParticipAction website.
Will you be participating?
- Lanes Closed Due to Road Flooding in Oakville
- This 20-Unit Townhouse Development has Been Approved in Burlington
- Burlington Residents Pepper Sprayed and Robbed, Police Investigating
- Police Looking for Owner of Dog Believed to be Hit by Car in Burlington
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Burlington Families Urged to Choose Local for Healthy Kids Community Challenge
- Halton Hills Announces Grand Opening of the Town's Third Skatepark
- 10 Year Challenge: The Shocking Rise of Halton House Prices
- Halton Hills Named Canada's Most Patriotic Town!
- Are Kids in Halton Getting Enough Physical Activity?