This is How Many People Voted in the Burlington Election
The official results are finally in.
"It is my honour to officially announce the elected individuals for the 2018 to 2022 term of office," Angela Morgan, Burlington City Clerk, said in a recent news release.
The official results are no different than the unofficial results that were release after voting polls closed on Oct. 22 at 8 p.m.
The official results can be found here.
According to the city, in this municipal election, 128,238 people were eligible to vote but only 51,021 people did, which is just below 40 per cent.
- 2,827 people voted in advanced polls
- 13,123 people voted online
- 35,071 voted on election day
There were 24 voting locations in Burlington.
The first meeting of the newly elected city council will be held on Dec. 3 at the Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
At this meeting, which is open to the public, members of council will be officially sworn in.
The four-year office term for elected representatives is from Dec. 1, 2018 to Nov. 14, 2022.
- Three Vehicles Involved in Collision in Milton
- Man Arrested in Oakville for Carjacking, Kidnapping 96 Year Old Woman
- Oakville House of the Week: Chic and Rustic $2 Mil Bronte East Home
- House of the Week: $2.8 Mil Burlington Home That Overlooks the Water
- Popular Cafe Opens Inside Oakville Grocery Store