This Milton School Expansion Project is Set to Move Forward
An expansion project regarding a Milton high school is finally set to move forward.
Parm Gill, Milton MPP, recently announced that the Bishop Reding Catholic High School expansion project received the final approval from the Ontario government it needed in order to move forward.
“During the election last summer, I heard from many parents and students from Bishop Reding about the dire situation they were in regarding the current capacity,” Gill said in a press release.
It was noted in the release that Bishop Reding has more than 40 portables.
Back in January of last year, it was announced that school would get $18 million for an expansion that would accommodate 600 students.
According to the Halton District Catholic School Board website, this expansion will include 29 additional classrooms, a fourth gym, a new cafeteria, and a four-room child care area.
“Although our government is facing a $14.5-billion deficit, I have worked with the Ministry of Education to ensure that the appropriate funding has been allocated for Bishop Reding,” Gill said in the release. “The funding for this project has been authorized and all necessary approvals have been given in order to move this project forward.”
We will continue to provide updates on this expansion as they become available.
What do you think of this expansion project?
Photo is courtesy of the Halton Catholic District School Board website.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- A New High School is Coming to Milton
- More Teachers are Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board Soon
- Is The MacLachlan College Expansion Project in Oakville a No Go?
- A Big Change is Coming to the Halton Catholic District School Board
- HCDSB Announces Land Purchase for New Milton Secondary School