This Oakville Company Has Received a Huge Investment
An Oakville company has received a huge investment.
One of the many outcomes from this investment will be more jobs.
The government of Canada has invested in in GVA Lighting, Inc., an innovative and competitive Oakville company with leading-edge, energy-efficient LED lighting technology.
On Oct. 12 the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), announced a FedDev Ontario investment of more than $2.1-million in GVA Lighting to increase the company’s manufacturing and testing capabilities
“This FedDev Ontario contribution allows GVA Lighting to triple its production capacity and invest in manufacturing and reliability-engineering equipment so we are ready to accept orders for challenging mega projects from all over the world,” Vladimir Grigorik, President, GVA Lighting, Inc, said in a recent press release.
With the investment, GVA Lighting will be able to purchase leading-edge equipment to scale-up production capacity at its new 98,000-square-foot facility in Oakville.
The expansion will create close to 50 full-time jobs in southern Ontario, and help advance product testing and design for extreme environmental conditions.
This project will also help the company grow its presence in existing, and new, export markets.
This project aligns with the government of Canada’s Innovation and Skills Plan, a plan to make the country a world leader in innovation and create well-paying jobs.
- Police Investigating After Deceased Woman Located in Vehicle in Burlington
- Multiple Drivers Penalized for Speeding, Street Racing in Oakville and Burlington
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Oakville, Burlington, and Milton: September 15– 21
- Sheridan College Receives Major Investment From Canadian Government
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Announces Exciting New Investment
- Economic Growth For Halton Expected Through New Funding Initiative
- Massive Company About to Create 800 New Jobs in Milton
- The Ontario Government Has Introduced A Plan To Make Houses More Affordable