This Oakville LCBO Location is Now Offering Extended Hours
A lot happened in Ontario in 2018, and while some changes have not been warmly received, beer and wine aficionados haven't had much to complain about.
If you plan on hitting the LCBO soon (and if you're hosting a party or buying for a wine or craft beer lover, you most certainly are), you might be happy to hear that your local liquor store has more generous operating hours.
As you might recall, newly-elected PC Premier Doug Ford recently announced that the LCBO will be permitted to keep the doors to its many stores open from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The extended hours will be in effect seven days a week.
In a recent news release, he LCBO confirmed that it's expanding store operating hours year-round at select locations.
Expanded store hours were put place for the holiday season in December, and they will continue on a permanent basis into the New Year beginning Jan. 4, 2019.
The LCBO says it will follow the new operating hours at 50 locations across the store network.
So, which Oakville location will offer extended hours on a permanent basis going forward:
- Store 445 (DUNDAS & TRAFALGAR, OAK PARK) 251 OAK WALK DR.
Changes to the LCBO and Beer Store come as no surprise, as providing greater access to libations has been an important part of the government's platform.
In the province's 2018 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review, the government said it's "further modernizing alcohol sales" by letting The Beer Store, the LCBO and other authorized retailers such as grocery stores and agency stores sell alcohol for longer.
The province says it's also developing a plan to expand the sale of beer and wine to corner stores, grocery stores and big-box stores, adding that it's inviting consumers, businesses and others to have their say on the rules for selling beer, cider, wine and spirits through a comprehensive review.
These changes follow the province's implementation of its buck-a-beer plan.
Other LCBO locations offering extended hours include select stores in Barrie, Thunder Bay, Oshawa, Peterborough, Ottawa, Brampton, Oakville, Toronto, York Region, Hamilton, London, Windsor, Waterloo and St. Catharines.
To see a full list of stores offering extended hours, click here.
- Half-million dollars stolen from City of Burlington in email scam
- Oakville man arrested in connection to 2013 sexual assault case: Police
- Burlington Transit collecting bus fare again, adding services
- At least 2 more vehicles impounded in Halton Police speed blitz
- Jobs promised in Milton through new defence contract
- A Huge Change Has Come to LCBO Locations in Halton
- Ontario Government Extending Beer Store and LCBO Hours in Halton
- Beer Store and LCBO Release Civic Holiday Monday Hours in Halton
- Beer Store and LCBO Release Canada Day Long Weekend Hours
- Even More Grocery Stores in Halton Could Soon Sell Beer and Cider