This Special Weather Statement is in Effect for Halton
Grab your umbrella.
And your trench coat.
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Burlington, Oakville, Halton Hills, Milton, Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon on Tuesday morning.
A few rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected today across portions of southern Ontario.
“The rain is expected to be periodic in nature with significant breaks from time to time,” reads the statement.
“However, as the air mass will be very moist, torrential downpours giving significant rainfall amounts in relatively short periods of time are likely.”
Many areas will likely receive between 20 to 40 mm of rain by this evening.
But areas on the end of several thunderstorms may receive significantly higher amounts.
- A New Waterfront Restaurant with a Patio is Coming to Oakville
- Two Burlington Residents Celebrating Big Lotto Win
- UPDATE: 84-Year-Old Driver Succumbs to Injuries Following Collision in Oakville
- UPDATE: Fatality Following Person Struck by Train in Oakville
- An Ice Cream-Themed Installation is Coming to Mapleview Centre in Burlington