Three Hospitalized After Cyclist Collision in Burlington
Three people are being treated, one in serious condition, following a collision this morning in Burlington.
Police got a call at 7:24 a.m. Saturday, May 26, regarding a group of about 10 cyclists who were travelling down New Street west of Appleby Line.
One of the cyclists, a 66 year old Oakville man, suffered a sudden medical issue and lost control of his bike, causing him to fall over, police say.
As the group was close together, several other cyclists collided into him.
The 66 year old man was taken to Joseph Brant Hospital in serious condition. Police say he may have suffered from a heart attack or a similar medical issue.
Two other cyclists were hospitalized with minor injuries.
Halton police’s Collision Reconstruction Unit is continuing to investigate.
Residents and drivers should avoid the scene of the collision.
- Drivers and Cyclists Being Targeted by Halton Police
- Oakville Cyclist Dies After Burlington Crash
- UPDATE: Serious Collision in Milton Leaves One Oakville Man in Critical Condition
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Motorcycle Collision In Oakville
- Man Sustains Serious Injuries Following Collision in Burlington Parking Lot