Thrift superstore opens its doors in Oakville
Oakville is home to the newest Value Village.
Located at 125 Cross Ave, the thrift superstore chain with nearly 300 locations across North America and Australia will open its doors officially on Dec. 12 at 8:45 a.m.
"We're excited to open the doors of our new Value Village right in the heart of Oakville and help local customers find some amazing thrifted items, from clothing to homeware and accessories" said Jennifer Harrison, Value Village Store Manager. "Value Village(r) is on a mission to inspire reuse through our commitment to sustainability and has become one of the largest recyclers of used goods in the world, keeping nearly 64 million kilograms of reusable items from Ontario landfills last year alone.
The ribbon-cutting will also be attended by representatives from Oasis Addiction Recovery Society.
“We're looking forward to continuing our partnership with Value Village with the opening of their new Oakville store," said Andonis Artemakis of the Oasis Addiction Recovery Society. "By donating their reusable goods at the store's Community Donation Centre, local residents will help us further our support of those in recovery from drugs and alcohol addiction as they reintegrate into society."
Members of the community will be able to donate used clothing to Oasis Addiction Recovery Society at the Oakville Value Village store's Community Donation Centre, located beside the new store on Cross Ave.
Value Village says it will carry value-priced goods, including authentic, vintage finds and name-brand fashions, with up to 10,000 new items placed on the floor each day, with 90 per cent priced under $10.
- Has your street been plowed? Find out here
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Driver faces multiple charges after flicking cigarette butt: Halton police
- Multi-vehicle crash causing highway delays in Oakville
- Residents extracted from scene of major fire in Burlington
- Popular Store Shuts its Doors at Upper Oakville Shopping Centre
- Here’s What’s Happening with Parking in Bronte Village
- Popular Clothing Store Closes its Doors After 42 Years
- This Popular Retail Store is Now Open at Oakville Place
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening A Brand New GTA Location