Tim Hortons Co-Founder Ron Joyce Dead at 88
It’s a sad day for many.
Ron Joyce, co-founder of Tim Hortons, has died. According to a CBC article, Joyce was 88-years-old when he passed peacefully on Thursday (Jan. 31) in his home in Burlington.
Joyce helped the first Tim Hortons in the City of Hamilton get off the ground back in 1964.
The Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington acknowledged that passing of Joyce in a recent Facebook post.
Joyce donated over $7 million to support the redevelopment and expansion of the hospital.
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club Near Oakville
- Gas Prices Expected to Drop in Halton Soon
- Burlington Mayor Issues Statement Following Tim Hortons Co-Founder's Death
- Massive Company Slashing Employee Benefits After Minimum Wage Hike
- Here's Something You Didn't Know About the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington
- Tim Hortons to Pilot All-Day Breakfast at Burlington Locations
- ‘Tis the Season at Tim Hortons