Today expected to be the busiest day of the holidays for Pearson Airport
If you’re catching a flight today, you might find Pearson Airport a little more crowded than usual.
According to a report from the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, today is expected to have the most passenger traffic through Pearson Airport—Canada’s busiest airport.
This year, passenger traffic is up by two per cent compared to last year, Over the last 10 years, passenger traffic has been increasing year over year.
Due to the increased volume, travelers are advised to show up a little earlier than normal to account for potential delays during check-in and security checks.
However, travelers need not worry too much about having to wait for an extended period of time, as Pearson is fully staffed to account for the increase in the number of travelers.
- You could be fined up to $100,000 in Burlington if you're not 6-feet apart
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- Researchers working on a test to identify those who are immune to COVID-19
- Police offering $100,000 reward in 1984 Oakville murder
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville