Today is byelection day in Burlington to fill vacant school board seat
Published May 29, 2023 at 10:22 am
It’s in-person election day (May 29) in Burlington for public school supporters in Wards 1 and 2.
For the past several weeks eligible voters have been able to cast their ballots online or at advance polls, but today is the last day as results will be tallied later this evening.
Polls are open today from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Burlington Seniors Centre, Room 4, 2285 New St.
- La Salle Park Pavilion, Lower Level, 50 North Shore Blvd. W
- Salvation Army Community Church, Fellowship Room, 2090 Prospect St.
- Tyandaga Golf Clubhouse, Dining Room, 1265 Tyandaga Park Dr.
There are two things to bring with you when you vote in person:
- your Voter Information Letter – it will save you time when you check in, but you can still vote in person without it.
- one piece of ID that has your name and address on it. Photo ID is not required. Accepted ID includes:
- Ontario driver’s license
- Ontario photo card
- A cancelled personalized cheque
- An insurance policy or statement
- Any other document included on Ontario’s acceptable documents for voter identification list
The byelection was called due to the resignation of Matthew Diodati who was elected to the post on the Halton District School Board this past fall. Diodati said he had to leave office for health reasons.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising