Tom Hanks announces he has COVID-19
According to a post from his verified Instagram account, Tom Hanks has tested positive for the coronavirus.
View this post on Instagram
Hello, folks. Rita and I are down here in Australia. We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches. Rita had some chills that came and went. Slight fevers too. To play things right, as is needed in the world right now, we were tested for the Coronavirus, and were found to be positive. Well, now. What to do next? The Medical Officials have protocols that must be followed. We Hanks’ will be tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires. Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no? We’ll keep the world posted and updated. Take care of yourselves! Hanx!
The star of the Toy Story franchise, Cast Away, Forrest Gump, and The Terminal, said he and his wife, Rita Wilson, who are currently in Australia, felt symptoms they believed to be colds—chills and a slight fever.
However, they were tested for COVID-19 and the results came back positive.
According to Hanks’ Instagram, he and Wilson will be “tested, observed, and isolated for as long as public health and safety requires.”
“Not much more to it than a one-day-at-a-time approach, no?” he said in the post.
Cover photo courtesy of Tom Hanks’ Instagram
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 131 in Halton
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- All Burlington parks closed to vehicular access in response to COVID-19