Top 5 Activities This Easter Weekend in Milton
Easter’s coming up fast and it’s the perfect time to celebrate with family and friends, whether you’re attending a festival, painting colourful eggs, or just spending some time outdoors. If you missed the downtown Easter egg hunt last Saturday, worry not — there’s still a bunch of fun, family-oriented activities to participate in this weekend in Milton. Here are a few ideas:
5. Take a photo with the Easter bunny.
If you’re looking to snag a photo with the Easter bunny himself, you’re in luck. He’s been hanging out at Milton Mall throughout the week and will be available for photos this Saturday (March 31). Prices and photo package options can be seen here.
4. Sign up for a workshop or sports program.
Milton offers a variety of programs year-round, so there’s no better time to sign up for one if you’ve got some free time this Easter weekend. Bring your family and enjoy sports activities including swimming, skating and hockey, or sign up for something new such as the fitness program. You can check here for more information.
3. Discover the history of maple syrup at Crawford Lake.
March is the month of maple syrup, and Conservation Halton is celebrating with its ongoing Sweet Water Season event. The event runs on weekends from February 24 up until Easter weekend, which means this is your last chance to experience it if you haven’t already. Learn how maple syrup was discovered and take part in a tasty demonstration while the kids participate in a maple-themed discovery hunt.
2. Take a stroll at one of Milton’s parks.
If you’re looking for a more laidback way to enjoy the holiday, an outdoor stroll is never a bad idea — especially since Spring has now sprung and the weather is getting warmer. If you’re feeling even more outdoorsy, you could always find a nice trail to hike along. Milton has information on all of its parks and trails here.
1. Check out the Easter Festival at Springridge Farm.
Springridge’s annual Easter Festival makes its return this weekend with a wide variety of fun activities, such as face painting, a puppet show, wagon rides, farm tours, pony rides, and the main event, an Easter egg hunt with the Easter bunny. A BBQ lunch is available with a menu including hot dogs, sausages, apple chips, and a Little Farmer lunch combo for kids. You can check here for more information and a gallery of photos from past festivals.
Whatever you decide to do, have a Happy Easter!
- Watershed outlook and weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Halton
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins
- Victim in fatal Burlington shooting identified as notorious Hamilton crime boss
- Halton Chief of Police, Federal NDP leader engage in feud on social media
- Special weather statement in effect for Burlington, Oakville, and Milton