Top 5 Things to Do For March Break in Milton
March Break is officially upon us, which means — as always — a full week of looking for events and activities that will keep the whole family entertained. If you haven’t already got your schedule lined up, here’s a few fun suggestions for Milton residents to consider:
5. Take a dip at an all-age Tim Hortons sponsored swim.
For select times throughout the week, the Milton Sports Centre and Leisure Centre are open for a free swim that all ages can enjoy. Sponsored by Tim Hortons, the schedule for the swim is as follows:
- March 12: 12:30 - 2:00pm Sports Centre / 2:00 - 3:30pm Leisure Centre
- March 13: 2:00 - 3:30pm Leisure Centre
- March 14: 12:30 - 2:00pm Sports Centre / 2:00 - 3:30pm Leisure Centre
- March 15: 2:00 - 3:30pm Leisure Centre
- March 16: 2:00 - 3:30pm Leisure Centre
4. Take a walk on one of the indoor walking tracks.
March Break should be all about enjoying some time outdoors, but we know that isn’t always possible. If the weather outside isn’t great, you can still get some fun exercise in by going for a walk on the indoor walking track at Milton Sports Centre or Mattamy National Cycling Centre.
3. Take part in drop-in parent and child basketball.
If you’re finding yourself in a sporty mood, the Milton Sports and Leisure Centres invite you to bring your own basketball and stop by for a game with your kids. You can also enjoy a variety of other sports, including soccer, floor hockey, volleyball, badminton and more. See here for more information and scheduling.
2. Sign up for specialty kids workshops.
Feeling creative? Milton is offering a few fun workshops geared for children and parents, including Graffiti Poke-Art, an Eco-Science Workshop, and even Slime Making. You can also go green by creating some St. Patrick’s Day Art. Check the links for the locations and times corresponding to each workshop.
1. Lace up and enjoy a public skate.
While the winter days may be leaving us, it’s never a bad time to go for a skate. Several skating programs are offered for families (or even just adults) who want to spend some quality time together and stay active on the ice. The programs are listed with more information here.
Enjoy the break! More info on all of these activities can be found at milton.ca/marchbreak.