Top Places to Discover Food Across the Globe
If you're travelling, how can you not sample local food?
Everyone loves to do it, and to be honest it makes your Instagram gallery look good.
Even just the idea of flying to a different country and exploring their streets for food is exciting enough.
And, turns out that globally travelers love destinations with great food and drink. Booking.com's data from over 50,000 global travelers reveals that. Six in ten travelers (61 per cent) say they pick a destination for its great food and drink.
Thirty-four per cent of travelers, plan to take a dedicated food trip in 2018.
And the world's appetite is only increasing! Forty-nine per cent hope to be more adventurous with the type of cuisine they eat. Sixty-four per cent travelers will try to eat more local food in 2018. And, over half (51 per cent) are likely to seek street food.
Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan and Brazil are among the top places to discover food across the globe.
One way to do this, is to obviously eat local, wherever you may be. More than 54 per cent want to have unique experiences, and food trucks are the ideal way to eat local.
Here's where the world wants to travel to eat.
For street food
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Joao Pessoa, Brazil
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
For food trucks
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Seoul, South Korea
- Skies will be clear in Halton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Burlington man wanted in sexual assault and choking investigation
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Halton District School Board releases reopening plan for Sept. 2020
- Police looking for missing 24-year-old Burlington woman