Toronto law firm offers to pay for rides home for residents of the GTA
Good news for party-goers in the GTA who plan on indulging in alcoholic beverages this New Year’s Eve, a Toronto law firm has offered to help prevent people from drinking and driving.
The law firm, Schiffmann Injury Lawyers, a Toronto personal injury and disability law firm, has announced they will be reimbursing people who use taxis and ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft to get home tonight.
The law firm will be providing up to $35 per ride to residents of the GTA. The program is capped at $5,000 and reimbursement will be provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
In order to receive a refund for their travel expenses, people who use a ride-sharing service or take a taxi between December 31, 2019, and January 1, 2020, can submit a screenshot of the receipt for their trip to the firm’s website.
“In my line of work, I have seen the unbelievable tragedies that can befall the victims of drunk and impaired driving,” Chris Schiffmann, the firm’s principal lawyer, said in a news release.
“With this program, I hope to encourage people not to get behind the wheel after they have been drinking on New Year’s Eve and hopefully prevent fatalities and injuries resulting from drunk and impaired driving collisions,” he continued.
Those looking for more information can visit the firm’s website.
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Residents can sign up for Canada Emergency Response Benefit starting this week
- Several transit companies providing free service tonight
- OPP launches annual campaign to limit impaired driving
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE
- Here's how you can get a free ride home after watching the Super Bowl
- Halton Police Cracking Down on Impaired Drivers in Holiday RIDE