Toronto Man Charged in Human Trafficking Case
A Toronto man is facing human trafficking charges after allegedly exploiting a woman for sexual purposes.
The suspect was nabbed on April 26 by Halton police, who say the victim contacted them.
Imani Nakpangi, 35, is charged with exercise control, living on the avails of prostitution, trafficking in persons, and material benefit resulting from trafficking in persons.
Nakpangi was held pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information linked to the suspect is asked to contact Det. Dan Ciardullo (905-465-8723) or Det.-Sgt. Anita Laframboise (905-825-8710) with the human trafficking unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Burlington bakery under fire (again) after Blackout Tuesday response
- Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl from Oakville
- Thousands take to Burlington streets to march against racism
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Streets closing for march against anti-Black racism in Burlington