Toronto Man Charged in Human Trafficking Case
A Toronto man is facing human trafficking charges after allegedly exploiting a woman for sexual purposes.
The suspect was nabbed on April 26 by Halton police, who say the victim contacted them.
Imani Nakpangi, 35, is charged with exercise control, living on the avails of prostitution, trafficking in persons, and material benefit resulting from trafficking in persons.
Nakpangi was held pending a bail hearing.
Anyone who may have any additional information linked to the suspect is asked to contact Det. Dan Ciardullo (905-465-8723) or Det.-Sgt. Anita Laframboise (905-825-8710) with the human trafficking unit.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something?” Contact “Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- UPDATE: Police Release New Photos of Suspect Following Hate Crimes in Burlington
- Here’s Why Some Burlington Residents Can Now be Fined Up to $100K
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade
- Police Chase Oakville Man Who Allegedly Shot Vehicles with Pellet Gun
- Driver Ticketed for Watching Raptors Parade While Driving in Oakville
- Toronto Man Charged Again in Human Trafficking Case
- Halton Police Arrest Mississauga Man For Human Trafficking
- GTA Suspects Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Suspects Nabbed in Burlington Human Trafficking Case Involving Child
- Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder