Toronto police officer and Halton resident arrested for sexual assault
Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) has made an arrest in connection to a sexual assault.
Today (June 1), a 53-year-old officer with the Toronto Police Service was arrested by HRPS for sexual assault. At this time, HRPS will not be releasing the name of the accused, as it could lead to identifying the victim.
At the time of the assault, the accused was off-duty, and he and the victim knew each other.
Currently, HRPS does not believe there are other victims.
- Halton left out as most regions moving to Stage 3 of COVID-19 recovery
- Arrests made in shooting near Walkers Line in Burlington
- Police searching for suspect wanted in connection to shooting in Burlington
- WATCH: Halton Police remove racist vandalism at Oakville church
- Trio of Burlington residents celebrating Lotto wins