Town shows progress made in expansion of Oakville sports complex
Published September 26, 2023 at 4:44 pm
The Town of Oakville is happy to show off progress being made on the expansion of the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex.
A social media post on Tuesday (Sept. 26) included several pictures displaying that work is well underway.
“Underground construction of the community centre and library is nearly complete,” said the tweet by the Town of Oakville on X (formally known as Twitter).
Here’s some of the progress being made on the expansion:
- The community centre and library construction that is occurring underground, including mechanical work in the basement, footing and foundation walls, is nearly finished.
- 135 geothermal boreholes for geothermal heat pump purposes have been completed, with 75 more needed for a full geothermal field.
- The ground floor foundation is underway, and the community centre and library’s structural steel frame will begin construction in mid-December.
- Construction of the natural and artificial sports fields are almost complete with lighting, fencing, spectator seating and players benches installed, and the artificial turf currently being installed.
- Topsoil for the grounds of the cricket pitch is being placed and sod for all the sport fields will be placed in mid-October.
- Construction for other park amenities like the skateboard park, pump track and fieldhouse will continue into 2024.
The Town says that the cricket field and additional sports fields are on track to open in the spring of 2024.inhalton's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising