Traffic stop leads to assault with weapon charge in Oakville
An Oakville man is facing several charges after a recent traffic stop in Oakville.
Just after 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 30, police investigated a driving complaint regarding a vehicle in the area of Garth Webb Public School.
While an officer was conducting a traffic stop, the driver allegedly exited the vehicle and advance d on the officer while holding a knife.
When the officer ordered the driver to drop the weapon, he complied.
“After further investigation, the driver was found to be in possession of additional knives - both inside the pickup truck and concealed on his person,” said police.
“It was also determined that the suspect was impaired by alcohol.”
21 year old Oakville man Diego Olivera-Molina was arrested and charged with:
- Assault with a weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carry a concealed weapon
- Operation while impaired
- Blood alcohol concentration 80mgs or more, within two hours
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
- $70 Million Lotto Max Jackpot Ticket Sold in Ontario
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Milton and Halton Hills
- COVID Alert exposure app hits over one million downloads
- Sources: CFL discussing $30M, interest-free loan with federal government
- Own Spencer Smith Park and Walkers Line with Burlington-Opoly
- Three Teens Facing Weapon-Related Charges After Altercation in Oakville
- Oakville traffic stop leads to more than 20 gun and drug charges
- Oakville Man Charged After Being Found With Over 400 Pounds of Cannabis During Traffic Stop
- Arrest made in Oakville after police stop driver prohibited for life from driving
- Oakville Suspect Arrested After Driver Flees Police in Stolen Vehicle