Transit Fare Hikes in Effect in Oakville and Milton
Get ready to fork over more cash to ride the bus in Oakville and Milton.
Changes kicked in Monday and Tuesday, respectively.
Oakville riders will have to pay $3.75 cash - no change from last year - while Milton’s cash fares are up a quarter to $3.75 from $3.50.
Day passes in Milton have gone up to $8.50 from $8.
All Oakville increases apply to sales of special purpose tickets and special purpose passes.
In 2017, Milton Transit introduced a number of service enhancements, including additional GO train connections, later weekday evening service, and extension of service to new growth areas in the Boyne neighbourhood and the Hwy. 401 industrial area.
More improvements are in store for 2018, say town officials.
Halton Region’s SPLIT Program has reduced rates for residents who meet the low income threshold.
For details, contact Halton Region by dialling 311 or visit halton.ca/split.
- Halton Police Searching For Missing Three-Year-Old Boy In Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Robbery at Convenience Store in Burlington
- Car Fire Breaks out in Tim Hortons Drive-Thru in Burlington
- Halton Police Charge Suspect In Connection To Major Robbery In Burlington
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface