Transit Fare Hikes in Effect in Oakville and Milton
Get ready to fork over more cash to ride the bus in Oakville and Milton.
Changes kicked in Monday and Tuesday, respectively.
Oakville riders will have to pay $3.75 cash - no change from last year - while Milton’s cash fares are up a quarter to $3.75 from $3.50.
Day passes in Milton have gone up to $8.50 from $8.
All Oakville increases apply to sales of special purpose tickets and special purpose passes.
In 2017, Milton Transit introduced a number of service enhancements, including additional GO train connections, later weekday evening service, and extension of service to new growth areas in the Boyne neighbourhood and the Hwy. 401 industrial area.
More improvements are in store for 2018, say town officials.
Halton Region’s SPLIT Program has reduced rates for residents who meet the low income threshold.
For details, contact Halton Region by dialling 311 or visit halton.ca/split.
- This Burlington Restaurant Was Named One of Canada’s Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
- These Places are Considered the Most Welcoming in Canada
- This Cookie Dough Café Has Come to Oakville
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- A Frightening New Scam is Scaring Halton Residents into Giving Up Private Information