Two Arrested After Suspected Cocaine Found in Interesting Item at Pearson Airport
Two travellers were arrested after a seizure of cocaine at Pearson Airport recently.
According to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), on March 22, 2018, two people traveling from Jamaica went through a secondary inspection for a routine baggage inspection.
"During the examination, officers discovered the individuals each had six containers, declared as coffee, in their luggage," said CBSA in a recent statement.
According to CBSA, the officers opened the "coffee" containers and found a white powder that tested positive as suspected cocaine.
CBSA says over seven kilograms of the substance was seized, and the individuals were subsequently arrested.
Both the suspected cocaine and the travellers have been turned over to the RCMP.
Photo courtesy of CBSA handout
- Police Hunt Suspect After Huge Amount of Drugs Found at Pearson Airport
- Dog Saves Canadians from Bug-Infested Statues at Pearson Airport
- Massive Influx of Travellers Expected at Pearson Airport This Summer
- Halton Police Seize Massive Quantity of Cocaine in Milton
- Oakville Man Arrested in Connection with Massive Drug Bust