Two Dead After Tree Falls in Milton
Two men are now confirmed dead after a tree falling incident in Milton on Friday.
A 28-year-old man died and an 18-year-old had life-threatening injuries after a tree fell on them in Milton during Friday’s windstorm.
Emergency crews rushed to Fourth Nassagaweya Line and No. 20 Side Road at 5 p.m. for a report of two injured males who had been struck by a fallen tree.
They were found under the tree and had to be extricated by firefighters.
One man was pronounced dead at the scene, said Halton police.
The second young man, 18, was treated by paramedics before being transported to Hamilton General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The victims work for a tree servicing company, Miller Tree, and were involved in clearing fallen branches and debris from utility lines in the area.
As of Sunday May 6, 2018, Miller Tree has confirmed the 18-year-old has also died.
The tree that had fallen wasn’t being serviced at the time, said police.
Words cannot express the devastating impact the loss of 2 of our teammates has had on their families and our team. The loss of our friends has been truly horrific. Our thoughts are with their families and friends. We extend our deepest condolences to all affected by this tragedy.— @millertree (@millertreecare) May 5, 2018
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Halton
- UPDATE: Oakville Regional and Town Councillor Refuses to Step Down After In-Laws Charged by OPP
- Police Searching for Suspect Wanted on Warrants for Assault and Failing to Attend Court
- Oakville Residents Charged Following Municipal Election Investigation
- Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in Halton