Two People Charged Following Investigation of Illegal Cannabis Dispensary in Milton
Two people have been charged following an investigation of an illegal cannabis dispensary in Milton.
On Dec. 12, 2018, members of the Halton Regional Police Service, Drug and Human Trafficking Unit concluded an investigation into an illegal cannabis dispensary located at 8060 Lawson Rd. Unit 4, in Milton.
According to police, a Cannabis Act search warrant was executed and two people were charged with alleged unlawful distribution of cannabis contrary to the Cannabis Control Act (Ontario).
During the investigation, according to police, officers seized 3.0 kg of dried cannabis and a quantity of edible cannabis products including cookies, gummies, and lollipops.
The total value of the seized items, according to police, is approximately more than $20,000.00.
Police are reminding the public that currently the only lawful option for the purchase of recreational cannabis is through the online Ontario Cannabis Store.
Photo is courtesy of Halton Police.
- Milton Man Charged After Police Shut Down Cannabis Dispensary
- Oakville Man Charged After Being Found With Over 400 Pounds of Cannabis During Traffic Stop
- Province Providing More Funding for Recreational Cannabis in Halton
- Oakville Resident Charged Following Cocaine Trafficking Investigation
- Here's When You'll be Able to Purchase Cannabis Edibles in Halton