Two People Dead and One Child Injured in Stabbing Incident in GTA
Two people have been pronounced dead following an alleged stabbing that occurred in Brampton. The province's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is currently investigating this incident.
According to the SIU, at approximately 11:20 p.m. yesterday (May 1, 2019) Peel Police attended a residence on Quarry Edge Drive in relation to a domestic incident.
The SIU says that police officers breached the door of the residence. They then entered the bathroom where they located a man with stab wounds.
The man was apprehended.
Paramedics attended to the victim, however, he was pronounced dead shortly after midnight.
According to the SIU, a woman was also located inside the home with serious injuries. The woman, says the SIU, was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU says a child from the home was also transported to the hospital due to injuries.
Currently, three investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to police, the child is in stable condition.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility in Milton
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One
- Burlington restaurant named top 100 in Canada
- Police concerned about missing woman from Burlington
- What can you afford? Crunching the real estate numbers for Burlington, Milton, and Oakville
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Drowning Incident in Burlington
- Man Pronounced Dead Following Fatal Motorcycle Collision in Oakville
- Female Pronounced Dead Following Shooting In Burlington
- Pedestrian Struck by Train in Burlington, Pronounced Dead
- UPDATED: One Dead, One Injured in Falling Tree Incident in Milton