UPDATED: Two Suspects on the Run After Murder in Oakville
A pair of suspects are on the run after a “targeted” shooting has left a 19-year-old man dead in Oakville.
Halton police are looking for two males in their late teens or early twenties, said Insp. Ivan L’Ortye.
The incident took place on July 13 at 11:15 p.m.
Emergency crews were sent to Rebecca St., east of Dorval Dr., for a male who had been shot.
Halton police and paramedics responded and the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Suspect descriptions aren’t yet known, say police, adding it doesn’t appear to be a random attack.
A post-mortem examination is taking place Saturday.
Homicide detectives have the case.
Rebecca St. between Dorval Dr. and Maurice Dr. will remained closed at least until the morning of Wednesday, July 14, and possibly longer, say police.
Anyone in the area of Rebecca St. and Dorval Dr. with CCTV cameras or who has information is asked to phone investigators via the homicide tip line at (905) 825-4776.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
- Two men arrested in connection with hate-motivated incident in Burlington
- LATEST: Ontario and Halton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Police looking for 27 year old woman last seen in Oakville
- Ontario to provide financial assistance during school and child care closures amid COVID-19 outbreak